Want to know How to fix the “Your Organization’s Data Cannot Be Pasted Here “error? This error notification usually emerges when you try to copy your company’s content and data from Outlook and other apps that are policy-controlled by organizations that want to protect sensitive data. When you encounter an error message called “Your Organization’s Data Cannot be Pasted Here,” the workflow is interrupted, and frustration accumulates.
For example, an error message may appear if you try to paste a part of an email from an Outlook corporate email account into your personal Gmail account. This problem can occur not only on desktop computers but also on mobile devices. Quit the software experiencing problems, restart the device, and check for errors. Let’s have a closer look at this article to learn How to fix the” your organization’s data cannot be pasted here” error after understanding their causes.
What causes this error?
Our study found that if you try to copy corporate data from Outlook and other management applications installed on Windows 11/10 to other applications, you may see an error: “Your organization’s data cannot be posted here.” Microsoft Intune security in Microsoft Intune Policy Management does not allow data copying. Microsoft Intune Policy Management (MIPM) prevents users from copying sensitive data to unauthorized applications on the same device for security purposes. However, in some cases, copying data to a permitted application may result in an error. In such a case, an error may occur due to an older Outlook or Office application on the device. If you update the application, the problem will be solved.
Number of Characters that causes the error “You cannot paste your organization’s data here”.
- Old Software: If you use an older version of Outlook, this feature may need to be updated or compatible with the application.
- Security Settings: Some organizations have different security settings restricting or disabling Outlook copying and pasting.
- File Protection: Some paper documents are protected by copyright law and cannot be copied without the author’s permission.
- Keyboard settings have been changed – the possibility is low, but if you changed the keyboard recently, the keyboard shortcuts for Copying and pasting may have been altered or may not work.
How to Fix “Organization Data Cannot Not Pasted Here “Error
1. Make sure copy-paste is not blocked in Microsoft Intune
Administrators can set up Microsoft Intune policies to prevent users from replicating and pasting data between apps and sharing data outside the company. If a copy-paste is blocked in your organization, a mistake can happen if you attempt to relocate the data. To resolve this problem, you must unblock the copy-paste in your Intune policy. If you cannot set policies yourself and do not have Microsoft Intune dashboard administrator privileges, you administrators, follow these steps:
- Log in and spread the Microsoft Intune dashboard.
- In the left sidebar, click Client Apps.
- Navigate to App Protection Policies in the left sidebar of the Client Apps window.
- Go to the existing policy settings.
- Go to the Data Transfer section.
- Ensure the restriction cut, copy, or paste between other apps is not blocked.
- Unblocking policies allow you to copy and paste data between apps without problems. If this procedure does not solve the problem, the following fixes may be helpful.
2. Contact the IT Administrator
If the problem persists, please get in touch with the administrator. If you are an administrator, review the current Microsoft Intune policy to ensure that cutting, copying, and pasting capabilities are not block. Edit policy settings for users to cut, copy, and paste data between different apps.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Intune dashboard.
- Go to the Client App.
- Select the app protection policy.
- Check the current policy settings.
- Go to the Data Transfer section.
- Edit the Restrict cut, copy, and paste between other apps settings to allow users to copy and paste data between different apps.
3. Verify File Permissions
The first thing to do is to ensure you have the authority to change the problematic document. If you have a colleague who is supposed to be able to edit the document, you should have that colleague copy and paste the information. If it works, you need to have the proper authority. Let’s talk to the administrator and solve it.
You must also check if the document file is open for easy editing. For example, when opening an Office document received by email, it usually starts with a secure view to prevent changes. There should be a yellow bar at the top of the window indicating it and a button “Enable editing.” By clicking this button, you can copy and paste as usual.
4. Intune Application Protection Policy Changes
Recently, I changed Intune policy because this error occurred on a client.
Here are the steps:
- Open Microsoft Intune on your device.
- Go to the App Protection Policy section.
- Find policies that are causing data copy errors.
- Select the policy and click Edit.
- Scroll down to find a section that limits cutting, Copying, and pasting.
- Modify this section to allow Copying and pasting of data.
- Save the changes and exit Microsoft Intune.
5. After making changes, try saving the document
The necessary operations are:
- Exit the software or application that is experiencing a problem.
- Restart and restart the device.
- Check for Microsoft Office Suite updates and install them if necessary.
- Try pasting the data into another file or document to check if the error does not disappear.
- Make and save necessary changes to the document.
- If the file is password-protected or read-only, you can edit it.
- If the above steps do not solve the problem, consider creating a new protection policy in Microsoft Intune.
- If you are using an Excel file, please recreate the Excel file and make the necessary changes before pasting it again.
6. Microsoft Office Suite Update
As already stated, if the version of the Microsoft Office application is older, there may be an error saying, “I cannot paste my organization’s data here.” Therefore, you need to update Microsoft Suite manually and update all apps to the latest version. Surprisingly, many problems were solve this way when copying and pasting between Outlook and Office applications.
- Open the Office application and open the “File” tab of the ribbon.
- Select “Account” in the sidebar.
- Expand the Update Options drop-down option and choose Update Now.
- Keep using the application while the update client downloads updates available in the background. A message appears asking you to exit the Office application so that you can install the downloaded updates. Select Continue to continue.
- Once the Update is complete, the notification will be display again. Quit the update client and re-open the Office application to see if you can copy and paste data.
7. Edit and Save Files
Please create a new file and make changes to it. Start with a blank Excel spreadsheet, enter text in the cell, and color the empty area. After that, use the back arrow to return to the previous screen. If asked if you want to save the file, select Yes.
- If you start a new Excel spreadsheet, enter something in one of the cells and color it.
- Then press the back arrow. If you are aske to save the file, select Yes.
- Check if the company data can be paste into the save file.
- Close the file, save the app, and leave it for 30 seconds if the problem remains. Try pasting data into a file with a problem.
- If you encounter this problem with one of the Office apps, try copying the data from another. Copy the data from Word to Outlook and ensure it is paste correctly.
Our expert team has revealed all the possible fixes which will help you in solving the error.”Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.” When exchanging important information between different applications, you may be troubled by the error “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here”.Fortunately, depending on the cause, there are ways to solve this problem. If your appliance says you can’t paste your organization’s data into a distinctive app, quickly edit it and save and close the file. Then, open the file again and paste the data. Or, press and hold the screen area where you like to paste the data and choose “Paste.” If the problem persists, contact your IT administrator. The current app management policy may not allow you to paste data between apps.