The error “SIM not provisioned for voice mm#2” is prevalent on smartphones. This error occurs when the SIM card is changed or a new SIM card is calculated on the smartphone. The “SIM not provisioned” error occurs when the SIM card can no longer share information between the phone and the provider. It can occur if you are using a new phone with a new SIM card or if you are transferring contacts to a new SIM card. The “SIM not provisioned for voice” error means that you are unable to make a voice call. It is usually pushed by the line being unfastened from the carrier account. The “Sim not provisioned” mm#2 errors exclusively arise on phones with the emergency call option. If this error occurs on your phone, you will not be capable of contacting anyone other than 911. However, the phone and other features will work fine.
What is the SIM not provisioned for voice error?
An error that is increasing in frequency is “SIM not provisioned for the voice.” This issue is common on devices connected to the Google Fi network, a combination of mobile and Wi-Fi networks and on Google Pixel devices. However, other carriers and smartphones may also receive the error “SIM not provisioned for the voice.”
Reasons for the SIM not provisioned error
Why am I obtaining the error message “My phone says the SIM is not supplied?” Well, there are several possible reasons. SIM cards contain certain information that helps the phone establish a connection with the network provider. However, if, for some reason, the phone cannot access this information, an error will be displayed.
Here are some of the main reasons why you might get a “SIM not provisioned” error
- A new SIM card has been inserted into the phone.
- The SIM card has eventually to be activated.
- The service provider has deactivated the SIM card due to a request to transfer the number to a new SIM card.
- The new SIM card needs to be placed correctly in the SIM tray of the phone.
- The carrier’s service provider’s server is currently down or unavailable temporarily, and the SIM cannot communicate with the server.
- The SIM is outside the carrier’s service area because a roaming agreement has yet to be signed.
Methods to Fix “SIM not provisioned” Error
How can MM2 fix an unprovisioned SIM? There is no guaranteed way to resolve this issue, but you can try one of the following methods. Any of these should resolve the issue.
Solution 1. First check if the SIM card is Damaged
If the phone indicates that the SIM card is not nourished, the first thing that needs to be done is to check if the SIM card is damaged or physically harmed. Here you can read about Samsung Wireless Charger Blinking Yellow.
- To inspect the condition of the SIM card, pull the card tray out of the phone.
- Then, extract the SIM card from the tray and examine it. Make sure there are no scratches or signs of damage.
- If you find signs of damage and the SIM card is indeed broken, you will need to have it replaced by your carrier. Contact your cellular carrier. They will gladly provide you with a new SIM card that will function with your phone.
Solution 2. Make sure the SIM card is inserted accurately
Often, when in a hurry, a SIM card is inserted into the phone incorrectly. If the phone does not remember the SIM card, it will not be able to communicate with the carrier. It causes the phone to display a message indicating that the SIM card has not been nourished.
- Expel the SIM card tray from the phone, drag the card, return the card to its original position, and insert the tray.
- The phone will then no longer display the error message, and you will know that you are bound to your carrier.
Solution 3. Recharge the SIM Card
SIM card companies deactivate SIM cards that have not been restored for an extended period. It is accomplished because the SIM card is no longer of interest to the service provider, and the service provider can only activate it if it is refreshed. You should recharge the SIM card with a small pack to see if this is applicable.
Solution 4: Use the SIM card in another device
One way to make sure there is nothing wrong with the SIM card is to use it in another phone. If you have a spare phone on hand, you can use it to test the SIM card and make sure it works. Insert the current SIM card into another phone and try making a call from the other device. If the call is successful, the SIM card works, but there is a problem with the device. If the call does not connect, there may be a problem with the card.
Solution 5. Wait a while
In some cases, you may find that the SIM card in your phone has yet to be provisioned, even after the mobile carrier has activated the card. It usually happens when you try to use the SIM card too soon after it has been triggered. Some mobile carriers require that you pause at least 24 hours after proposing an activation recommendation before the card is actually activated. Therefore, wait at least one day before checking if the SIM card works.
Solution 6. Reboot your device
In some cases, simply rebooting the phone may provide an effective solution. Many carriers recommend rebooting the device after inserting a new SIM card into the phone. It will allow the SIM card to retrieve its network options and may resolve the problem. Press and maintain the power control and choose “Restart” to reboot the phone. Once the phone has restarted, place a call and verify that the problem has been determined.
Solution 7. Contact carrier or network provider for service
The SIM card is not provisioned. MM 2 problems are usually related to the SIM card, not the phone. Therefore, if you need help with the methods for resolving this issue, you should contact your network provider for assistance. In most cases, the carrier should know why the error is occurring and should be able to help correct the error. You can reach your runner online, by phone, or directly at your local store.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to activate a SIM card?
The SIM card activation process is done directly by your service provider within 24 hours of purchasing your new card. If you have a new SIM card, you can check the activation status by following these steps
- Contact your service provider. Contact your service provider.
- Send an SMS if you need help.
- To check the exact status of your activation, please visit your service provider’s website.
2. What does it mean if my SIM card does not have MM2?
This error means that the service provider cannot validate the SIM card due to some mistake. This error can be due to all the reasons mentioned earlier in this article.
3. How can I check if my Smart SIM is deactivated?
To check if the SIM has been halted, log in to the service provider’s website. SIM card details are available on the website, and you can also file a complaint about a deactivated SIM.
While it may appear improbable, resolving the SIM not provisioned error can be achieved by powering off your phone. Execute the standard reboot procedure and be patient. After a brief period, the error message should disappear, indicating that the SIM card has been activated.